Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Setting Inspirations

Merely for seeing if there are any unconscious leanings to or away from various flavors, scents, and rhythms. I'm keeping my feelings out of these. I have intentionally omissions some popular sci-fi themed media examples because I am kind of annoyed by them and others because I am forgetful. Don't analyze my sorting biases - just react on your own.

Take a look at the following images, watch the videos, listen to the music. I'm pretty certain none of you have seen or heard all of them.

Because I am too cheap to pay too much for surveys that would let me embed or even have proper links to things, this round use the number and title to respond to the survey link.

(Note: there is no order to these except how my poor memory dredges things up with help from webtron. Webtron is your friend. Listen to Webtron.)

Lord Weird Slough Feg




Blue Oyster Cult: Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Wally Wood


Spacegirl




Buck Rogers:




(for the intro music)

Why not Gil Gerard 1980s version of Buck Rogers?
THAT BUCK ROGERS SCARRED MY MOTHER!
LITERALLY!
ON HER LEG.
THERE IS A SCAR!

Symphonies of the Planets




NASA <BEEP> Talk <BOOP> Over



20 Minutes of Oxygen

Star Blazers

2001 Daft Punk


2001 Straight

Actually, 2001 was pretty damn trippy

Alien


Aliens: with marines


Forbidden Planet


Outland


Last Starfighter



Hunter Prey



Legend of the Galactic Heroes




Awkward fan dub

Slingers


In case the video doesn't work: vimeo link.


No comments:

Post a Comment